Someone had asked me on Quora: How can a small (cleaning) company compete with the larger and more established companies?
This was my response and this is what we actually try to do. Some days are incredibly difficult and testing our limits. But being small makes it easier to be bold:
"Use being small to your advantage.
- You are more nimble. You can change products, service, prices in 5 seconds.
- You have more soul. You can treat each customer as the only one. More care.
- Be more excellent. Much easier to do on a small scale.
- Be more fierce. Large companies are not fierce. They're slower.
- Have more character. Be fun, use curse words, be colorful, memorable.
- Have stronger bond with your employees. They're literally can be like your family."